Rhonda L. Gillrie
Rhonda L. Gillrie (CDTA, ADTA, ADA, AAC)
Certified Competition Adjudicator: Ballet; Pointe; Modern; Contemporary; Jazz; Tap; Hip Hop; Highland; National; Musical Theatre; Song and Dance; Acro Dance
Rhonda began dancing at the age of two and has never stopped. She has studied and continues to study many styles of dance. Rhonda owns and operates the Rhonda McCulloch Danceology that began over 35 years ago. She has trained dancers who are now professionally performing and/or pursuing Fine Arts Degrees or Masters in Dance. She adores seeing former students now as teachers! Beyond that, her greatest thrill is still to see the growth in self-esteem and self confidence dance brings to her students.
Rhonda is pleased to be able to provide quality dance instruction in a fun and non-threatening environment.
Some highlights of Rhonda's dance career are as follows:
- Holds a Dance and Dance Teaching Diploma from Grant MacEwan University
- Holds a Full Membership Status in Ballet, Jazz & Tap and Associate Status in Modern and Acrobatics with the Canadian Dance Teachers' Association.
- Holds Teaching Cerfification with Acrobatique and Acrobatic Arts
- Is an Examiner of Ballet, Tap & Jazz Amateur and Professional levels for the CDTA.
- Holds a Full membership in Highland with the Scottish Official Board.
- Is familiar with RAD, Cecchetti, and Vagoniva methods and terminology
- Has served on the executive of the Alberta Branch of the CDTA for the past ten years and as President for six of those. Has been the head Coordinator for the Ballet Division of the CDTA for the past seven years, and serves on the committee that created the CDTA Nationalized Syllabi. Is a former Director with the CDTA National Board.
- Former Ballet rehearsal Mistress for the children's roles in Alberta Ballet's "Nutcracker"
- Has performed in “hip Hop’ videos for big names
- Has worked with Competitive Gymnasts, Figure Skaters and even choreographs stage shows for singing performers.
- Rhonda was hired to do the choreography for the 2006 Alberta Summer Games opening ceremonies.
- Artistic Director of "The Polar Express" Alberta Prairie Steam Train
- Has choreographed major musicals for various community and High School programs. Her last five include:
- Anne of Green Gables
- The Wizard of Oz
- Peter Pan
- Seussical the Musical
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
- Jungle Book
- Grease (William E Hay)
- Les Miserables
- A Christmas Carol
- Addams Family
- For the past 9 years, Miss Rhonda taught the Dance 15, 25, 35 programs at William E. Hay High school in Stettler. She was excited and pleased to be able to offer dance to students right in the public-school setting. Sadly the School division has chosen to discontinue offering this course to it's students
- Miss Rhonda is the Artistic Director for the “Polar Express” for Alberta Prairie Steam Trains. She and her team of 75 performers each train run served and entertained over 2500 passengers Bringing a true sense of Christmas to all.
- Many of Miss Rhonda's former students have continued to dance and are now teaching themselves, many others still dance for the love of it!
Miss Rhonda continues to study and train in order to stay Current new developments in technical execution of movements, the safe and proper training of dancers and the physiology of teaching young people. She loves to teach and feels that every child deserves the right to dance and feel good about themselves through movement and music. She also believes that all children deserve the right to proper, ethical and safe dance instruction. She looks forward to sharing ideas and knowledge with dancers and their instructors and learning from them as well.
Miss Rhonda has been married to Hal for 29 years and is the proud mother of two wonderful adult children, Hailey & Tyler.