The Foundations of Acro Dance
The Ultimate Lesson Plan Toolkit For Running Your First Year Of Beginner Acro Dance Classes
Finally, you can start a new Acro Dance program even if you have zero experience or background at all!
DOES ANY OF THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?
- You know you’re just wasting valuable time by waiting, but you just haven’t gotten around to starting an Acro program yet.
- It seems like it could be really fun, but you’re not sure how to do it.
- All of the other studios are offering Acro Dance, but you’re worried you’re too far behind to get started now.
- You’re tired of your students asking you ‘when do we get to learn how to do Acro?” – but you wouldn’t even know where to begin!
- You’ve tried to find tricks online to try – you just want somebody to take you by the hand and tell you EXACTLY what to do in the EXACT order you need to do it.
If any of these statements have you thinking, “That is EXACTLY how I feel!” then keep on reading – you’re in the right place my friend.
Imagine what it will feel like when it’s time for choreography, and you finally have reliable tricks you can use that look amazing on stage!
Picture what you’re going to feel like once you’ve learned how to teach Acro, figured out how to spot, have a plan for your classes, and you’re getting tricks every lesson.
- Maybe you decide that you love teaching Acro because you realize how fun it is to implement.
- You get to learn some tricks for yourself with your students without worrying about needing to have experience or be a pro.
- Your friends and family tell you they love that you are learning Acro because it’s such a unique and different kind of job.
THE FOUNDATIONS OF ACRO DANCE
Your first year of tricks, technique, and lesson plans!
The Foundations Of Acro Dance is a 10-month program bundle of beginner-level lesson plans and video tutorials that will teach you how to run and manage a class, teach and spot Acro tricks, and get safe and reliable results.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO CREATE/DO WHILE IN THE PROGRAM:
- You’ll create a beginner Acro Dance program, with a plan in place and a system to run it, that you can deliver this year to your beginner students.
- You’ll learn how to teach and spot beginner Acro tricks, so that you’ll feel confident and knowledgeable as a recreational Acro teacher.
- You’ll learn how to put together Acro tricks with dance steps, so that you understand how to set your tricks to counts and enter and exit tricks for choreography.
- You’ll learn how to manage Acro classes properly, so that you know how to work with students that progress more quickly or slowly than their classmates.
- You’ll create a system and routine for your class structure, to create safe and predictable classes for your students.
- You’ll learn how to break down the strength, flexibility, and technique behind the tricks, which will empower you because you know the “why” behind them.
- You’ll create a new revenue stream for yourself that works, because students LOVE Acro, and classes fill up fast because they are so popular!
We’ll be walking you through how to do this with step-by-step lessons, downloadable resources, classroom monthly lesson plans, video tutorials and more.
BONUS: The “Acro 101:
12-Week Introductory Studio Session”
For Teachers who want to start their beginners with a 12-week session first…
This exclusive bonus is a plug-and-play curriculum for running beginner 12-Week sessions.
It’s great if you want to start with a way for new students to “try out Acro” without having to commit to a full year program, and will prepare them well if they do wish to continue on and sign up for your full year beginner Acro Dance program.
This intro session can be run several times per year as an intake strategy for new leads coming into your Acro Dance program.
Lindsay Bailey: Dance Studio Owner & Dance Teacher
Enlightened Dance Corp.
This is exactly what I needed! It’s step-by-step and perfect for my more beginner teachers to implement.
Now I know that my recreational acro dancers are being trained properly with no gaps in their technique.
This is going to help my studio tremendously! Thank you ADTA for creating this program.
The Foundations of acro dance
Total Value: $1347
All For Just $297 USD!
10 Monthly Teachers’ Classroom Lesson Plans (Value: $197)
Beginner Acro Body Positions video tutorial (Value: $49)
Beginner Acro dance Syllabus Tricks Curriculum (Value: $297)
Across The Floor Acro + Dance Combinations (Value: $49)
Beginner Set Technique Strength & Flexibility Warm-up (Value: $149)
Technique Warm-up Training Tutorial (Value: $49)
10 months of classroom curriculum (Value: $99)
An additional 2 months of access to the program (12 months total!) (Value: $49)
BONUS: The Acro 101: 12-Week Intro Studio Session (Value: $499)
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SIGN UP?
Enroll in the Foundations Of Acro Dance program:
Purchase the program straight from this page. You can pay with either PayPal or credit card.
You’ll get immediate access:
You’ll receive login information so you can get started. The Start Here module will be waiting for you, so you can dive right in and start learning the program!
Learn Your First Lesson:
You’ll be able to download and print off your first lesson plan and learn about the beginner tricks and technique warm-up you’ll be implementing for your first month of classes!
How Do I know If This Program Is Right For Me Or Not?
This program is right for you if:
- You want to start a new Acro program without having to figure it out on your own.
- You are looking to start teaching Acro Dance but you’ve never taught it before and don’t have an Acro background.
- You’re looking for step-by-step guidance, lesson plans, video tutorials and support to start and run your Acro Dance program.
- Your students want you to offer Acro but you’re not sure what to teach or where to begin.
- You have young/new teachers at your studio that you want to teach Acro but they aren’t ready for certification yet.
- You want to try Acro and see if it’s right for you.
- You keep putting off starting even though you want to!
This program is NOT right for you if:
You want a quick fix for Acro Dance and aren’t willing to take a year to learn it.
You are looking for Intermediate or Advanced curriculum or lesson plans.
You already have a solid Acro Dance beginner program that is working for you.
You are looking for official Acro Dance certification.
You are an experienced Acro Dance teacher: this is a beginner program for teachers that are just starting out.
You are already using the “ADTA Acro Dance Syllabus” or the “Premiere Comprehensive Program For Acro Dance” (this Foundations Curriculum is already included in these two programs).
Hi I’m Melissa Klassen and I’m obsessed with helping dance teachers become confident and qualified Acro Dance Instructors!
I started teaching teachers 15 years ago after I personally crossed over from gymnastics coach to Acro Dance teacher, and quickly realized I was the only one in my area who knew how to teach and spot it properly.
My friends and colleagues in the dance industry started asking me how I was doing it, and I started showing them how!
I created these tools for instructors after years of searching for Acro Dance teachers’ training resources for myself. I did it myself, and knew I needed to share these powerful resources with more people!
I created this “Foundations Of Acro Dance” digital program because I wanted to cut the learning curve for other teachers, and I believe everyone can learn how to become a confident and successful Acro Dance teacher with the right guidance and tools.
I’m excited to see your own results with your students as you take this leap and become a new Acro Dance teacher!
You Can Do This Even If You Have No Background And You’re Busy!
I don’t have a background in Acro Dance!
The best part about starting something brand new is you are an open slate! With no background in Acro you don’t have any wrong teaching habits or muscle memory in your students to worry about. Our clients with no background in Acro have the most success long-term because they didn’t have to ‘unlearn’ anything. Having no background is actually ideal!
I’m afraid it won’t work for me!
One of the key components we teach our members, is that anyone can learn how to become a successful Acro Dance teacher with the right approach. We teach you in a slow and methodical way where skills progress upon each other and are fun to learn and spot.
I have no time to learn how to teach Acro!
Setting aside a couple of hours each month is definitely a necessity to mastering this program. However it’s only for one dance season and will save you years of unnecessary learning curve if you tried to figure this all out on your own. This program actually saves you time, because all of the heavy lifting is done for you and all you have to do is implement it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How/When do I get access to the material?
You will receive instant access once you purchase the program. User/login details will be emailed to you and you can login right away.
What is the time commitment per month and how long does it take to complete?
Each lesson plan will take you 1-2 hours to learn, print off, and study. Then you will implement that lesson plan in class for 4 weeks. There are 10 lesson plans to round out a 10-month Acro Dance season.
Are there any prerequisites/who is this a good fit for?
There are no prerequisites for this program. This program is good for absolute beginner Acro teachers and beginner Acro students.
Are there any other material or equipment costs besides the purchase price?
You will want to invest in some mats for your Acro Dance program. The best mats are 4-panel, fold out mats with Velcro.
Can more than one of my teachers use this program at my studio?
Yes – this is a “implement beginner Acro at the studio” program and although your teachers will learn beginner Acro in the process, our Premiere Comprehensive Program is where teachers individually learn and certify if they choose to.
The Foundations program is your first point of entry if you’re not ready for official teacher training and certification yet.
This program does only have one login per user so if you have more than one teacher conducting it, make sure you are learning together.
Do I get support, community or 1:1 access to you?
This is a self-paced, self-study program and you implement it on your own. If you have questions you can join our free community Facebook group: “Melissa Klassen’s Acro Teachers Collective” and reach out for support. ADTA faculty monitors it daily and there are several Acro teachers of all levels that support each other and will answer your questions.
Do you have any other options for me if I want support and access to you?
Yes, our “Premiere Comprehensive Program For Acro Dance” offers a deep level of support with a private community, trick video submission opportunities, and bi-weekly coaching calls with Melissa and faculty.
What is the refund policy?
If you are not satisfied with The Foundations Of Acro Dance reach out to us within 7 days and we will completely refund your purchase.
This program works, period – and we know you’re going to love it, but rest assured knowing your purchase is refundable if it’s not just right for you.
How long do I have access to this program?
The “Foundations of Acro” is a 10-month implementation program; The “Acro 101 Curriculum” is a 12-week implementation program; you will receive access to both programs for a 12-month container.
Do you offer a discount for re-registering after my 12 months are complete?
Yes, we offer a 50% off discount on all of our programs for additional years’ access. To qualify for this discount, access must roll immediately into the subsequent year. This discount does not apply to ‘stop/start’ paid access.
Can I get access to this program in any of your other products?
Yes, the “Foundations Of Acro Dance” program is a bonus inside of both the “ADTA Acro Dance Syllabus” and the “Premiere Comprehensive Program For Acro Dance”.
If you are planning on joining either of these programs in the future, you will continue to enjoy access to this Foundations program inside of them.
What’s the difference between this program and your other programs?
We offer three different products:
- The “Foundations Of Acro Dance”
- The “ADTA Acro Dance Syllabus”
- And the “Premiere Comprehensive Program For Acro Dance”
The Foundations Of Acro is your first year of beginner syllabus, video tutorials and classroom lesson plans.
The ADTA Acro Dance Syllabus includes all levels of Acro Dance syllabus, tutorials and classroom tools; from Preschool through Professional levels. It is just the syllabus and does not contain lesson plans or certification.
The Premiere Comprehensive Program For Acro Dance is our Premiere offering and includes all levels of Acro Dance syllabus, teachers training, classroom tools, program growth strategies, and official certification.