ADTA KinderAcro: A “Made-For-You” Studio System For Preschoolers Ages 18 months – 6 years old
Your preschool program is the backbone of your studio: It’s where you get the largest influx of new students (who, if they love your program, will stay at your studio for years and years)!
This is why it’s so important to set the foundation early, build a culture of Acro Dance at your studio.
This is an online, self-guided program, with student curriculum for three separate divisions:
- The Toddler Division: ages 18 months – 3 years old (assisted)
- The Preschooler Division: ages 3-5 years old (un-assisted)
- The Pre-Junior Division: ages 5-6 years old (un-assisted)
With this program, all of the work is done for you, so you can be confident that your studio’s youngest acrobats will always develop their technique and body-awareness properly.
Here’s What is included:
- Video Tutorials that explain how to teach and spot all items in the curriculum.
- 26 detailed lesson plans (8 for Toddlers, 8 for Preschoolers, and 10 for Pre-Juniors) that teachers can print off and use directly in the studio.
- Comprehensive KinderAcro Instructor’s Manual.
- 32 cute, full-color illustrations to print off and use in the studio to clearly define your Toddler and Preschooler circuits.
- Downloadable Student Certificates for your KinderAcro graduates (make students feel proud and help parents understand that their children are working through a set and proven system).
- Made-for-you downloadable marketing materials to help promote your KinderAcro Program.
The ADTA KinderAcro Curriculum has been a great addition to our Preschool dance program. It really sets us apart. We love it!
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the benefit of adding Acro to my studio’s preschool program?
Acro is the perfect way to spice up your studio’s existing preschool program! Not only will it give your program a competitive edge, it will also allow your youngest students to try a fun new genre, and will improve their strength, motor skill development, and body awareness!
What age range is this program suitable for?
ADTA’s KinderAcro Program is designed for students ages 18 months to 6 years old. The program contains three divisions with age appropriate skills:
The Toddler Division (18 months – 3 years old) is an assisted division (either with parents or assistant teachers); the Preschool Division (3 – 5 years old) is unassisted; and the Pre-Junior Division (5 – 6 years old) is also unassisted.
How long is each set lesson, and how do I set-up my classes?
The ADTA Toddler and Preschooler Classroom Lesson Plans are set up as 15-minute “add-on” lessons to utilize in an 8-week session class.
If you are running 45-minute classes, we recommend including two genres of dance in each lesson (Acro + one other genre).
If you are running 60-minute classes, we recommend including three genres of dance in each lesson (Acro + two other genres).
Each of the ten Pre-Junior Classroom Lesson Plans are designed for 45-minute classes, and should be used for roughly one-month (or until your students are comfortable with the material and ready to move on).
Your Pre-Junior classes can run for a full dance season.
What if my teachers and I don’t have previous Acro experience?
Our KinderAcro Program is suitable for teachers with no previous acro training. The course explains how to teach and spot each trick, and discusses technical elements to look for in your students.
Do I obtain official certification by enrolling in this online course?
No, official certification starts at the Junior level, then progresses into Intermediate, then on to Advanced.
What’s the next step for students who have completed the KinderAcro Program?
Once students “age out” of the KinderAcro Program at age 6, they can move on to the Junior Curriculum.